Use of sift in Sentences. 29 Examples
The examples include sift at the start of sentence, sift at the end of sentence and sift in the middle of sentence
sift at the start of sentence
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Sift the cornstarch on to a plate.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Sift the baking soda and flour together.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Sift the self-raising flour with the cornflour.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour finely before adding it to the mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Sift in confectioners' sugar and add enough milk to make frosting soft enough to spread.
sift in the middle of sentence
- We will sift every scrap of evidence.
- Then sift them into the bowl; set sifter aside.
- Computers are being used to sift the information.
- The clever friar would sift one fact from another.
- Put the flour through a sieve to sift out the lumps.
- That means you can sift large inventories in seconds.
- It will take a while to sift through all these magazines.
- It's hard to sift out the truth from the lies in this case.
- After my father's death, I had to sift through all his papers.
- Beat the mixture until smooth, then sift in the remaining sugar.
- When the cake is cooked, sift some icing sugar over the top of it.
- Measure out 250 grams of flour and sift it into a large mixing bowl.
- We need to sift out the applications that have no chance of succeeding.
- Police officers have continued to sift through the wreckage following yesterday's bomb attack.
- It's business as usual at the factory, even while investigators sift through the bomb wreckage.
- We have to sift through the application forms very carefully to separate the wheat from the chaff.
- The police are trying to sift out the genuine warnings from all the hoax calls they have received.
- The need to sift and correct the information put out by companies adds cost and uncertainty to the market's pricing function.
- The object is to gather enough evidence and sift through all the forensics information needed to write an acceptable arrest warrant.
Sentence Examples for Similar Words: