Use of mean in Sentences. 26 Examples
The examples include mean at the start of sentence, mean at the end of sentence and mean in the middle of sentence
mean at the end of sentence
- That's not what I mean.
- Poverty makes a man mean.
- I don't think she's mean.
- Aha, now I see what you mean!
- You know perfectly well what I mean.
- I have no conception of what you mean.
- A dictionary tells you what words mean.
- Stop talking in riddles -say what you mean.
- I hated my father. He was hyper-critical and mean.
mean in the middle of sentence
- What do you mean by that?
- He didn't mean to harm you.
- I didn't mean to offend you.
- I did not mean to insult you.
- Sorry, I don't mean to butt in.
- Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.
- Do you know what I mean? --I think so.
- "Know what I mean?" he said with a wink.
- I didn't mean to break it-it was an accident.
- Great bulk does not always mean great weight.
- What exactly did you mean by that last remark?
- Little compliments mean so much to me sometimes.
- This was no mean achievement for the government.
- The technical details mean nothing to the average punter.
- This could mean a massive furlough of government workers.
- Does good marketing mean playing safe and staying traditional?
- He doesn't really mean that—he's just being deliberately provocative.
Sentence Examples for Similar Words:
- , represent
- , plan
- , humble
- , normal
- , denote
- , lowly
- , mid
- , middle
- , imply
- , indicate
- , wish
- , intend
- , squalid
- , cruel
- , unpleasant
- , callous